Among the variety of types of sports nutrition occupies a special place creatine. It is most effective additive to increase muscle mass and enhance endurance in training. Now more and more athletes prefer creatine and use it together with a protein or a gainer for maximum effect on employment.
Creatine – a nitrogen-containing carboxylic acid, is a natural substance that is produced by the kidneys and liver. Also creatine in great quantity in the muscle tissues – 3-4 g per kg. weight. By additional supplementation, the number increased to 5 g per kg. and due to this there is an increase of endurance of the body and begins rapid muscle growth.
Already studied all the side effects and the effects of creatine monohydrate, so we need only determine your rate of consumption and to make the individual cycle of taking this supplement.
Creatine is actively involved in the synthesis of ATP, which provides energy muscle activity. At rupture of these molecules and release of energy occurs due to which the muscle contraction. When the ATP stores are depleted, the reduction of muscle tissue does not occur. Data Recovery molecules can take place with the participation of creatine, which is found in muscle tissue. To replenish its reserves and used creatine supplements that will improve the capacity of the muscles during intense workouts.
Creatine benefits and harms
Like any sports supplement creatine has features that can be beneficial or harmful in certain circumstances.
For dieters and adhere to certain diets, the use of this additive does not bring special advantage since set mass typically occurs as a result of increasing the intensity and efficiency of training. When there is a diet goal is to lose and not gain weight, so in this case the use of creatine too.
But there is the opposite opinion, which is based on the fact that the increase of creatine gives only “dry” muscle mass and does not cause the appearance of fatty deposits. In addition, during the diet may lack energy reserves, as there is a reduction of daily calories and then creatine will be very useful. Combining its excellent results in getting rid of body fat can be achieved with the use of protein and intense workouts.
Damage creatine is only a few side effects that may be caused by individual intolerance components additives overdose or characteristics of the creatine is not related to external factors.
The use of creatine
Specific effects of creatine in the body is determined by the individual characteristics, but there are a number of proven beneficial effects, which has the additive:
- Increase in muscle mass. At constant training and observance of proper nutrition creatine can help gain two to five kilos of muscle mass in just one month of reception. By increasing the strength achieved high impact on the muscles, due to which the activated active process of their growth.
- Increased strength and endurance. During high-intensity exercise muscle tissue require the molecules of ATP, by which energy is released. Food supplement is a source of phosphocreatine, which are formed by a molecule of ATP, so creatine significantly increases muscle strength.
- Relief of muscle. Creatine monohydrate increases the amount of water in the muscle cell, whereby it seems to be more rounded and bulk. When muscle cells increase in volume due to hydration process increases protein synthesis and decreases the process of disintegration, which favorably affects the growth of muscles and increase their relief.
- Buffering lactic acid. During intense weight training the muscles produce lactic acid, which causes a burning sensation while working the muscles and slows their recovery. Creatine beneficial for containment isolation of lactic acid and muscle recovery after power loads.
Besides the main positive influence exerted on the organism of a creatine, a number of additional beneficial properties from the use of this food additive:
- It protects the central nervous system under the conditions of lack of oxygen.
- It reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- It prevents muscle wasting and neuromuscular disorders.
- It can act as an anti-inflammatory agent for local or acute inflammation of tissues.
question raised in many studies that creatine is harmful or not. Their result showed no danger of the food supplements for health or the offering of the body of man irreversible harm. But as with any substance, creatine has its own characteristics, which may bring some discomfort.
Side effects of creatine and harm to the body:
- Maldigestion can occur due to the slow solubility of creatine crystals which when swallowed may cause gastrointestinal distress. It is manifested by nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea. To prevent this effect should be taken only high quality supplements or give preference in liquid or capsule form of creatine that are less effective.
- Water retention is an essential effect of the use of creatine. It does not harm the body, but only causes weight gain. When the water delay occurs not be limited to fluid intake or taking diuretics, since This may cause a reverse process of dehydration (dehydration).
- Dehydration due to the osmotic activity of creatine, through which part of the liquid portion of the blood can go to the muscles. To prevent this effect should consume large amounts of liquid that must reach three liters per day.
- Acne (pimples) may appear in the final not reached puberty athletes due to increased testosterone levels. After 23 years, this effect is almost completely eliminated.
Due to the existence of a negative opinion of sports nutrition in the unenlightened strata of the population, there are a number of myths about the dangers of creatine, including:
- Evoke addiction
- cardiac overload
- Reduced potency
- Increased blood pressure
- carcinogenic effects
These effects are just speculation and do not receive confirmation of any scientific research or in a review of people who use creatine.
Specialists proved that even in the use of high doses of creatine is not harmful to health. But if you do, there are certain contraindications against the use of creatine it should be avoided.
The molecules of the substance and have a small size and excellent displays during normal operation of the renal system, but creatine should not be used for people with chronic kidney disease or kidney failure.
Creatine caution should be used when:
- Childhood (it is necessary to adjust the dosage)
- Diabetes (you need to monitor glucose)
The composition and properties of creatine
As part of this type of sports nutrition may be present as one or a plurality of elements, and there are two options additives depending on the criterion:
- Creatine monohydrate – pure creatine, which included not present additional substances. Its properties include high efficiency, excellent compatibility with other sports supplements and high quality.
- The mixture creatine transport system – a combination of creatine and other components, the number of which may be up to 30. These additives are not always possess useful properties, and a variety of components may adversely affect the effectiveness of the drug, because some of them should be used separately from each other and at different times.
Types of creatine
There are many varieties of creatine, which are a mixture of the substance and other components.
The main and most used forms of creatine:
- Creatine monohydrate – commonly used in powder form and is the most popular and researched view of sports nutrition. It consists of creatine with the addition of water.
- Creatine angidrous – represents pure separated water from creatine. He could not give a greater effect than creatine monohydrate, but it can completely replace it.
- Creatine citrate is a mixture of creatine with citric acid which helps in the process of power generation. Due to the presence of citric acid in the composition of active form of creatine is more readily soluble in water.
- Creatine phosphate is a compound of creatine molecules and phosphate, which is an essential component to obtain the maximum effect. But the phosphate group in the composition can complicate the process of absorption of creatine into the muscle tissue.
- Creatine tartrate is a mixture of molecules with molecules creatine tartaric acid. Usually used in the creation of solid creatine forms – tablets, capsules, chewable records since the presence of malic acid makes it possible to increase the period of preservation of useful properties.
- Creatine malate – mixture of molecules with molecules creatine malic acid. This supplement can give some more energy than creatine monohydrate has good solubility and digestibility.
Can I buy creatine in pharmacy
Previously, you could buy some types of sports nutrition, including creatine, in pharmacies.
Huge selection of creatine in a powder form or in the form of capsules present in the online stores. Trust only conducted by manufacturers of sports nutrition, which use high-quality components in the composition of their products.
For athletes, the purpose of which is to increase endurance in training and active muscle growth, creatine – is the ideal view of sports nutrition. Apart from the main effect, it has many useful properties: prevents the formation of lactic acid and increases muscle definition. Damage from creatine is not essential, but if you do not have contraindications to the use of this additive. There are several types of creatine, of which the most widely used and is effective to creatine monohydrate. Get creatine only from manufacturers conducted in specialized stores sports nutrition.